Saturday, May 10, 2008

treats


Today my friend/knitting guru Jenny and I got together to knit and then made a trip to the yarn store. It definitely reinvigorated the knitter in me...I have been very lax about knitting lately. But today I bought these lovely summery yarns and I'm feeling inspired again! The pale turquoise yarn is for the lotus tank from Interweave Knits (which I'm going to start this weekend...possibly tonight) and I'm not sure what the pale lavendar yarn is for...I just saw it and had to have it. It's called Panda Silk from Crystal Palace and it's bamboo, merino and silk...so soft and delicious! I think it's going to become some sort of little lacy shawl or wrap.

While I'm hankering to start these projects, I have to keep plugging away at my alpaca cardigan. I'm knitting this without a pattern (though I don't know how I, with only one successful sweater to my credit, have the chutzpah to do this) and it's a bit of a challenge. I'm loosely basing it on Jordana Paige's starsky sweater on knitty, I'm sort of generally following her shaping instructions as I construct the pieces. But I'm having to make a lot up as my gauge is completely different, I'm using stockinette stitch instead of her complicated cable pattern, and I want to have a button closure instead of a belt. It might be a complete disaster, but so far it looks hopeful. I finished the back a couple days ago and the left front today. Here's what I've got:

No comments: