Monday, May 26, 2008

rusted root

I finished this little sweater almost exactly one year ago, but I was dismayed by how big it was on me, especially the sleeves. I tried ripping out the little cuff and adding in some decreases on one of the sleeves, but that just made it puff up like a balloon. So I shoved it in the back of my closet in frustration, and it languished there for 12 months. Tonight I pulled it out, tried it on, and realized that it's not so big on me after all. (Getting fatter has some advantages, I suppose....) So I redid that sleeve and wove in all the ends and here it is, one year later, finally done. In retrospect, I should have chosen a less girly color; with the lace panel it's a bit over the top in bright pink. But, I'm determined to make myself wear it nonetheless.

No comments: