Monday, July 28, 2008

one sock down

This is the first of a pair of socks that was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law. (It's being modeled by me, so it looks big.) I planned to give him and my sister the newleywed socks from Handknit Holidays....I think I finished Michele's pair in February but Will's have been languishing on the needles for the past six months. Anyway, I picked it up again a couple days ago and now the first one is done. Second sock syndrome is setting in, but I am fighting it because if I finish it while I'm visiting my family in Massachusetts, that will be one less thing to lug home with me and bring back in December. And it would be nice if last year's Christmas gifts were finished before the end of the summer so I can go ahead and get started on this year's!

No comments: