Monday, October 13, 2008

The lone cable footie

I thought I might never post again...but miraculously, I'm back. No photos at the moment, however, since I stupidly left my camera in my parents' hotel room in NYC. It was a whirlwind trip to New York--too fast, and too full--I'm still recuperating. But I'm glad I went. (Update: camera made it safely back to me; hence the above photo.)

I finished the second of a pair of cable footies (from One Skein) on the plane. Unfortunately, I left the first of the pair on the plane. So after a weekend of knitting, I still have only one cable footie. It remains to be seen if Continental Airline's superior customer service will be up to the task of finding the lost one and sending it on home. If so, I'll be sure to post a picture. If not, when my camera comes, I can at least post a picture of the remaining one. It's quite comfortable, if I do say so myself.

In other knitting news, I finished my circular shrug, but have not sewn it up yet. I'm waiting for my knitting guru to examine me in the pinned shrug and determine if I can somehow salvage it and get the thing to close across my bust without ripping it all back for the purpose of adding another inch of ribbing at each end. Sigh. I'm still plugging away at February lady. I'll be honest, I am not loving this knitpicks superwash wool/bamboo blend. It's just not very soft and it's quite splitty. I read somewhere that superwash wool can be kind of plastic-like. I'm finding it to be true. Hopefully, the finished product will be worth the hours spent working with this yarn.

No comments: