I whipped four of these up yesterday, even though it is really much too hot and muggy for sewing here. I don't have my fabric stash with me, so I had to use leftovers from the monkey. Next time I'm going to line them with some interfacing so they are a little bit sturdier.
I saw this cute monkey on knitterella's blog and followed the link to get the pattern to make my own! I modified it just a little bit: left off the hair, the beret, the decorations on the shoes, and the sleeves. I'm happy with how she came out and may make another one soon...maybe a boy monkey.
I finished the back to my tuxedo top a couple of weeks ago, and blocked it, too, but it's taken me this long to get a picture up. When I finished knitting it, I found its measurements were that of the small size, which is decidedly not for me! However, it stretched out a couple of inches while blocking. Still, several flaws did not block out--this yarn shows a lot! I dropped a stitch and didn't discover it until several rows later, and the after-effects of picking up that stitch is still visible, unfortunately. Even more unfortunate, the errors show a lot more clearly on the purl side--and the piece is in reverse stockinette! Oh well. I will hope that the front (which I am knitting VERY slowly, I only have about 6 inches after 3 weeks) has fewer mistakes.
Another post will follow very soon, as I am just about finished with a little sewing project...