Wednesday, January 27, 2010

fo: raspberry beret

Yarn: Classic Elite Fresco (wool/alpaca/angora) 1 1/2 skeins
Needles: 3 and 5, I think? How do I forget so quickly which needles I used?
Pattern: Cabled beret by Ashley Hasse

I had to modify b/c I didn't get gauge at all--instead of 4.5 stitches to the inch I got 5.5--so I cast on 120 stitches instead of 100 and did 5 cable rounds instead of 4 before beginning my decreases. THought it would still be too small but I like the fit. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the scarf. It's quite skinny (less than 4" wide) so it really needs to be fairly long.

And, here's some of the Romney fleece that I'm spinning. It's coming out extremely noily and bumpy. I just can't card it enough to make it smooth. Hmmm. I think I'm going to have to join a spinner's guild soon so I can bring my questions to someone!

1 comment:

Jenny Hodgson said...

Ooooh...I love this beret! And that's an awesome picture of you...it reminds me of a painting. Hope you are doing well.