Tuesday, March 16, 2010

spring knitting


I've started a new spring/summer top this week. I've been wanting to knit a Wendy Bernard pattern for ages, and though I have her book, Custom Knits, I couldn't resist buying this pattern entitled Sizzle from her blog, knit & tonic. I'm using brown sheep cotton fleece yarn from my stash for it. I've already knit a couple of tops with this yarn, and though it's not my first choice, I'm really into knitting from my stash these days--I think I have purchased yarn only twice in the past year. I'm knitting a much smaller size than usual and I'm knitting it in the round instead of flat, so I'm hoping I don't run into issues with that--it's my first time doing such a conversion. So far it's going pretty quickly, so I'm hoping I'll be wearing it before the season is over!

No comments: