I made this for a friend's new baby, using mostly scraps and a backing fabric that I got to coordinate. It's an unusual color palate for me but I like it!
It looks sort of silly on the twin bed, but for once I had a desire to photograph a quilt on an actual bed, even if it's a baby quilt. It measures 42 inches square, and I used 5 inch squares of fabric.
This was my first time doing a simple nine-patch quilt.
It took me three days and probably about 15 hours (which is really way
longer than it should, but I spend more time unjamming and re-threading
my machine than actually sewing!)
Finished size: 46" x 46"
Star and little girl blocks finished size: 14" Three of the little girl blocks were based on/inspired by embroidery
designs by Anneela Hoey and her "girl on a swing mini quilt tutorial"
The ballerina is my own and I can't find the image of the girl jumping rope that I used.
I quilted the stars with straight lines on the diagonal, beginning by stitching in the ditch and sort of winging it from there.
I quilted the little girls with Oh Fransson's loopy flowers free-motion design. I still need quite a lot of work on this one.