I have been wanting an organization system for the mess that is my stockpile of circular needles. The needle roll I made a couple years ago is not very effective: my needles were constantly exploding out of it and/or getting hopelessly tangled with each other. So I followed instructions (more or less) on some blog, which I can no longer find. Honestly, the needles still look rather like a mess. But at least they are organized from smallest to biggest and it is possible to extract the needles one at a time.....
This was supposed to be a shawl pin, made of polymer clay following this tutorial.
My friend Christine and I attempted this project together. Our first
versions got burnt to a crisp in my toaster over because I forgot that my toaster uses Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. Brilliant. I used Christine's
leftover scraps to make another smaller one, and it came out way too
small to be a shawl pin, but was just the right size to be this